Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
30 Oct 2006
Sick Budgie, what to do?
Hallo, my son has two budgies. One is very young, almost a year, the other one is about 1 1/2 years old. I noticed that the older one is very passive today, with pooh sticking to his tail feathers. Our previous budgie had the same symptoms, and it only took a few days before he died. The older budgie is looking for comfort or warmth from the younger one. He is also a bit puffed up. My mother gave him some antibiotics from the petshop. What is wrong with him? I really don't want him to die, for it would break my son's heart. Does he have a tummy bug, or what? What can I give him. They only get budgie seeds and water. Please help, it was quite painful to see the previous budgie suffer and eventually die. We don't want to go through all that again. Thank you.............
Bst have him checked by your vet as he may need some antibiotic treatment.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Long Covid: How rehabilitation programmes may be needed to get patients back on track
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | We'd be a lot better off if social issues were as important as profit
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20282 votes