Ask an expert

20 Nov 2008

Dental nightmare
My finacee has a serious gum disease (from previous orthodontist mishaps) and is sceptical of who to trust to sort this out. His teeth are darkened/black in certain areas, and many have starteed to chip / nreak off completely.
Where is the best place I can get him help without it costing an arm and a leg? (A recent quotation of R80000.00 blew us away)???

PLease help!!
Answer 446 views
Dental expert
dental expert

01 Jan 0001

seek a second opinion from a dentist in your area and compare the quotes. Remember, he may be in need of extensive treatment.
the other option is to visit a state dental facility, treatment is much cheaper there.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20204 votes