Ask an expert

28 Sep 2006

monosodium glatamine
Dr My husband is extrmely allergic to above mension, he start vomating if he eat something with it in. please can you tel me in what kind of( food or vorm do you get the afrikaans word for it is)
(soet hout) Some one advice him to use it when his sarting vomating. whe try to keep up whit home food without some spices
and he try not to eat any thing but sometimes at friends we don't know wat they usein their food or what ever they are preparing to eat. We just found out that he is extremley allergic to it.I believe it is some liquiries sweets but i dont know if it will help,to open the clep in his throut sorry for my spelling in but we are afrikaans. My husband is 57 years old. Wil the salt drops that the people of holland are fond of it, help. The chemist told us not to give him any thing to stop the vomating,becauce it can cauce his death.
Answer 533 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Pikkie
I think it is important that your husband should also consult a medical dr who will provide him with treatment that he can use when he develops a serious allergic reaction to MSG (for example adrenaline injections or strong antihistamines). This is important as it could save his life. Don't stop him vomiting as the chemist is correct that he needs to rid his body of this compound because it is so dangerous for him. Check every single food label and ASK your friends and when you eat in a restaurant what the food contains and if there is any chance of even a trace of MSG then don't let your husband eat it.
Holding thumbs for you
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.