Ask an expert

20 Apr 2004

test for histamine
I read in the book Optimum nutrition for the mind, about test that can be done to see if you have a high amount or low of histamine in your blood. According to the book this is done by a clinical nutritionist. Is a clinical nutritionist more or less the same as a dietician? Where can you get hold of one?
Answer 338 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Flip
In South Africa most biochemical tests are carried out by Pathology Laboratories. Contact your GP and ask him/her to send you to such a lab for the tests. In this country clinical dietitians are similar to nutritionists, but they don't generally do such tests. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20240 votes