Ask an expert

18 Apr 2003

Where to find and how to know
Chromium in the form of picolinate or polynicotate: Is it only available on prescription or where can I find it? If you think that you might have any kind of deficiency, how long must you take a supplement in order to feel a difference, i.e. Slow Mag, iron supplements, etc.? Are there any one test a GP can do to detect any deficiencies?

Thanks for detailed replies and friedlyness.
Answer 328 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Reader
If you suspect that you are suffering from a deficiency of any vitamin or mineral, you can ask your dr to refer you for the necessary blood tests. Chromium picolinate or polynicotate can be purchased at most pharmacies and health shops. Chromium is also often an ingredient in multivitamin and mineral supplements (e.g. Supradyn). If you do have a deficiency of a vitamin or mineral it can take up to 3 months for the body to replenish its stores.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20230 votes