Ask an expert

03 Dec 2009

I am so hurt
This morning hubby (dog) i call him because that' s how i see him. He said he is visiting his parents and he is taking our daughter with of which i do not like,everytime he goes there with our daughter and promise to bring her back when he comes back but he just leaves her there with his parents, he favour his parents a lot he does everything they say. in fact he wants to please them in whatever he is doing, i told him not to leave with my baby girl, coz i miss her a lot when she is not around, i can' t even have a peace of mine knowing that my daughter is farway from me, each child feels safe and secure with her mother, then he said there' s no time where i will feel safe when my daughter is far away so he will leave with him, i felt like something is being taken away from me, i missmy daughter in such a way that i' m crying right now, it' s like he has all the powers to control me, i feel so weak although my daughter was also crying to go with him but then she does not realise that she will miss me later but then i do, the fact that my daughter is among other people breaks my heart. we are married with hubby i know he has every right to his daughter but then what about me coz i' m just left alone with my 5 month old baby .

Do i leave him to take my daughter everytime
Answer 384 views
Divorce support expert
Divorce support expert

01 Jan 0001

You have a right to stand against emotional abuse. It sounds like you have no say and even though your children should visit their extended family but your husband uses them to drop off your daughter and leave her there without any agreements is not acceptable.
If you feel you can't talk to your husband about the situation maybe you should try and discuss this with his parents and see if they are aware of the situation.
Explain that you are concerned of your husband lack of consideration towards both yourself and your child. They may not be aware of this and help you establish planned visits.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9463 votes
68% - 20188 votes