Ask an expert

21 Jan 2010

I am an unmarried father and have two beautiful children. My partner and I own a house together and have been together 10 years. I have decided to move out of the house to create a better environment for our kids. I need to provide for my own living and I am happy to pay my share of the kids. As I am moving out of our home, what are my obligations in terms of the bond payments? I currently pay half the bond. Am I obligated to pay as much as half? Any suggestions from anyone?
Answer 390 views
Divorce support expert
Divorce support expert

01 Jan 0001

You should contact your bank for advise as any adjustments will need to be officially amended in agreement with the other party. There is much to be considered since you own the house together and you are moving out. Are your children and their mother staying in the house? are you planning to sell the house? Try and sit down with your ex partner and negotiate the best terms for everyone concerned. Mediation could be a favoured option.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.