Ask an expert

04 Feb 2010

Funny sound in my ear
I have this funny drizzz sound in my right ear, i can here with it, but i think its only affecting my brain functioning, coz i now take more than 5 mins to read and understand a sentence and if someone is talking too much the sound gets worse and i loose concentration. Please I really need yo advice!
Answer 327 views
ENT Expert
ENT Expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Phira

You are most likely complaining of a condition called tinnitus. That implies the sensation of sound without an external stimulus. This may be associated with hearing loss, but not always. You need an ENT opinion and examination, that will most likely include an Audiogram (hearing test). In the interim, you should avoid complete silence, loud noise, and excessive stimulants.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.