Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
19 Sep 2007
a little worried
Pls give me some advice - yesterday after i ate, late in the afternoon for the first time for the whole day. i started feeling shakey, my heart started racing, i felt like i wanted to vomit, and got these hot and cold sweats. And also i got a headache - this all happened in a hour's time. I felt like i was going to die or have a heart attack. Ive had it before, but this time it was more intense. So i went to the Dr. He said i had a PTA or something, its some kind of attack. Is this correct? I had a EKG and he tested by blood. He said the sugar was normal, but my pulse was 140 . Please tell me what i can do to avoid this feeling from happening again. It really feels like i am going to die. TOday i feel a little better, but still feel shakey.
This sounds like a panic attack, which is highly treatable. But this is not my area: please refer your question to CyberDoc, who will be best qualified to answer your question.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Phone call anxiety: Why so many of us have it, and how to get over it
- Having trouble sleeping? Here’s the science on 3 traditional bedtime remedies
- Covid: A distorted sense of smell is dangerous but treatable
- High Court judge caught up in maintenance tug of war between ex-husband and daughter
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes