Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 Sep 2008
Spots that wont heal
I have a sore on my forearm that looks like a cigarette burn and keeps flaking and healing again, also another one has appeared next to it. I have started to develop spots also like this on my neck and face which also wont heal. or do then start up again...I am very worried about this and my doctor doesnt seem to be...Can you help please? Thanks you.
You are quite right: any sore that doesn't heal is definitely cause for concern. What you describe could indicate many different conditions, including early stage skin cancer, so you need diagnosis and treatment; if your doctor can't help in this regard then please see a dermatologist without delay. Let me know how it goes.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- J&J Covid-19 vaccine: Are blood clots and the pausing of SA’s rollout a cause for major concern?
- 6 unhealthy eating behaviours on the rise during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Vaccine side effects are not uncommon - so, with J&J's jab: What are they, who gets them, and why?
- Experts don't expect J&J vaccine rollout to be paused for long - but suspension the right move
- Jail me, Zuma dares ConCourt as chief justice plays politics in JSC interviews
- Not having access to mental health treatment a violation of human rights - expert
- AfriForum and NSFAS at loggerheads over defunding of students
- Bonginkosi Madikizela qualifications scandal: Here is what you need to know
- National police deployments work, but only if there is a plan of action – expert
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9432 votes
68% - 19939 votes