Ask an expert

28 Sep 2006

Blocked tube
I had a laparoscopy early in september,my gynae told me that my tube is blocked,he has put a valve to help the flowing of the dye.He said i am going to have difficulty conceiving if the valve does not work

I am 31yrs and this has really just depressed me because i really want a baby.
Answer 406 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Pops

This is unfortunately a fairly common problem in the fertility fraternity. Should no conception occur within 6 months I would recommend that an x-ray (HSG) be done to confirm the blockage of the fallopian tubes.
Should the tubes still be affected I would then recommend that you consider Invitro fertilisation (IVF) as your next option.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.