Ask an expert

12 Oct 2006

Polycystic ovaries
Hi there ...

Being married for nearly five years & only been on a contraceptive for the first 6 months of my marriage I seen a gynae at the beggining of this year who told me I had polycystic ovaries. Nonetheless I wasn't too concerned. But now I would like to start planning & My GP has put on Jasmine to get myself regular. Can you recommend a good female gynae at City Park hospital or Cape Medic Clinic as I am based close by.
Answer 386 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Zara

The use of Yasmin at this point is certainly to be advocated. It may be necessary to use an ovulation induction agent as well and certainly other investigations for insuklin resistance etc may need to be done.
Unfortunately it is not ethically correct for me to recommend any gynaecologist. You may contact the hospitals which you have opted for and ask for a recommendation.
Good Luck !
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.