Ask an expert

19 Sep 2007

Semen Analysis
Hi doc,

My hubby has been taking staminagrow tabs for the last 3 months, however the SA results showed that he has a really low sperm count, abnormal movement and traces of antibodies...he doesn't drink coffee or any caffeine stuff, nor does he smoke. What else can he take to improve his condition? We've been TTC for 2 yrs now. I'm fine on my side...He recently had a kidney infection, could this have any effect on his results??...His 28 yrs old. Thx
Answer 362 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Pert

I would suggest that your husband sees an urologist as soon as possible as there may be certain reversible causes such as varicocele. In addition, a trial of hormonal treatment such as proviron/nolvadex/gonadotropins may be considered to increase the sperm count and if this is combined with low dose cortisone, may in addition lower antibody levels and thereby improve sperm performance.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19426 votes