Ask an expert

19 Sep 2007

skip my periot
hi there

i am 32 years old and still not pregant i got my first periot when i was 16 and have been skipping for a year or more i am currently use birthcontrol tablets in order for me to get my periote but i want to fall pregnant. i went to a doctor that said my man hormons are stronger than my lady hormons is there any atvice that you can give me to please help me thank you
Answer 339 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Lienky

The problem is most likely that of Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). It is best treated by a combination of ovulation induction using either tablets, injections or a combination of both. This is often combined with some form of insulin sensitivity agents such as metformin/glucophage where indicated by fasting insulin levels. In severe cases one may need to proceed to Invitro fertilisation.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9364 votes
67% - 19336 votes