Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
02 Oct 2013
Really wanting to gain muscle mass.
Okay so this will be my second time posting on a forum,so please excuse the lack of confidence. Anyway,I'm looking to put on a bit of mass just for interest sakes I'm 1.91m,91 kgs.13% body fat.Age 20 I've been really tempted to use a a combination of steroids for this,but decided against it. My goal is to reach 100kgs. I've been researching quite a bit on bodybuilding but its all to overwhelming(macros and calorie counting and so forth) so if someone could give me a little advice on how to simplify things,or start from the beginning that would be great :) Thanks Guys
I advise you to abstain from steroids and supplements. Its a debate that can't be brought up via electronic communication.
To increase muscle mass, you would need to eat 6 small meals per day coupled with high-intensity, explosive training for muscle power, strength and plyometrics as well as lifts.
'Train like a slave and challenge like a king'
Hope this helps.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- SA is clearly entering into 4th wave, says top NICD expert - urges those hesitant to get vaccinated
- Covid-19: Is Gauteng already in the 4th wave? Professor Madhi says yes, according to positivity rate data
- What to drink with dinner to get the most iron from your food (and what to avoid)
- Covid-19: Omicron, fourth wave – experts plead with health workers to get their J&J booster shots
- More reports that Omicron appears to cause mild Covid - but too early to say for sure, experts warn
- Zondo unmoved by Fraser’s bullying, dismisses his bid to cross-examine witnesses
- Shell questions 'urgency' of bid to block seismic survey, says it may lose millions of dollars
- Govt denies pushing for powerships, accuses rival bidder DNG of 'ill intentions'
- Ramaphosa concludes state visit to Nigeria, optimistic about working relations
- Pieter du Toit | Party then state and in 3rd place, country: Why Ramaphosa and ANC will end in tears
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
29% - 9749 votes
71% - 23960 votes