Ask an expert

18 Jan 2010

Cycling fitness challenge

I' m a keen cyclist. I have unusually large testicles - about the size of two jumbo chicken eggs - and when I cycle, they become swollen and painful, or sometimes they flop around (I usually don' t wear underwear when I cycle, and I don' t wear ski pants because they are far too tight).

Can you suggest anything to help me? Thank you.
Answer 397 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Richard

Do you cycle wearing normal shorts then? The padding would help you, and I know they're tight, but the cycling shorts are designed to help this. Also, a wider saddle may help you, if you can use one (not sure if you're on a gym bike or your own).

So I think the padding of cycling shorts will definitely help you, and I'd look at that as first port of call.

Good luck
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20208 votes