Ask an expert

01 Feb 2006

Exercise to reduce male breasts
I am a 39 year old male. I exercise regularly at gym (3 to 4 times a week) and still play competetive sports. I am by no means overweight, but hate the size of my chest especially my large breasts. Is there an exercise or exercises I can do at gym to tone or decrease the size of my breasts?
Answer 381 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Brad

The issue is, as Moose on the forum has said, whether the problem is fat tissue. if it is, then by losing weight (that is, fat mass), you can reduce the size of the breasts a fair amount. And you don't necessarily have to be overweight in order to have excessive fat tissue in certain areas. So my advice is to gym perhaps a little more, and really focus on cardio (if you haven't done so already) four or five times a week to burn fat. Also, do specific chest exercises, like the pectoral flys, bench press, incline bench press, three or so days a week. Failing this, it may be that you need to pursue some sort of medical option.

Good luck
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.