Ask an expert

20 Apr 2003

Dear sir:
I am a Thai 54 years old man witn a bulky abdomen would to flatten it by do abdominal crunch 25 times/set*5 sets and reverse crunch
in the same way. Will this exercise work and enough ??
Answer 372 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi nam

Unfortunately there is no such thing as spot-reduction, therefore, in your case you need to do a comprehensive exercise programme which incorporates both cardiovascualr exercise as well as resistance training. By all means do your crunches, you you'll need to do other aspects of a fitness programme too. I suggest you try the fitnes programme on this website called War ON Wobbles. Also go to the fitness page and see other options as well.
Finally, write to Dietdoc for some dietary advice for weight loss.

Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.