Ask an expert

17 Sep 2008

hi doctor i stay in india i hve bee +ive from last 3 years i am 36yrs old 72kgs fit no problems as of now even i am not on any medicines, just wanted to know what kind of excersice should i do o keep my self fit and maintaine by fitnes instead of havng this problem
Answer 362 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Tony

Difficult one - you can pretty much exercise safely, as per normal, but just be mindful of the fact that you should probably be on some kind of medicine. I'm not sure why you are not, or what the circusmstances are, but exercise is very much part of, not the focus of, your treatment. It's not as though exercise is going to worsen the problem, ormake it go away, but you have to look at the whole picture here - get the problems treated first, and then look at how you might exercise.

In my opinion, you can do exercise exactly as you would normally - check out the Fitness page of this site, click on Programmes and then choose from the available programmes. But you need to have the problems treated separately too.

Good luck
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9438 votes
68% - 20025 votes