Ask an expert

19 Mar 2003

Knee problems when cycling
I experience a lot of pain at the back of my knee when cycling (after about 60km).
I saw an orthopedic surgeon who suggested anti inflammatory medication for a week before
cycling. It is not working and x-rays shows nothing wrong. Who should I go to next? Physio therapist, sport injuries doctor or biokineticist ? I really enjoy cycling and do not want to give it up.

I am 35 years old.
Answer 337 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Sakkie

I would go to a sports physician. Our contact number at Sports Science is 021 659 5644. You really do need to know what is causing the problem!

Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9474 votes
68% - 20305 votes