Ask an expert

24 Sep 2007

plantar warts ?
Lately when I walk , I get a stinging sensation in the ball of my foot.
The area becomes reddish with small white oval patches that look almost like flattened blisters under my skin.
There are no visible blisters/ sores on my skin.
Are these plantar warts or something else?
And how can I treat it?
Answer 183 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi there

Difficult to say. Not my field of expertise, so I referred it to a podiatrist I know and his suggestions were the following:

Maybe plantar warts. However, it does not sound like typical plantar warts, and so I suspect it's something else.

Possibly be a subdermal blister. That is, not the normal ones but deeper into the dermis.

May be pitted keratolysis. This is a skin condition related to excessive moisture and then a bacterial infection grows there. It not too serious and may smell a bit and the feet are wet.

His recommendation is that you need to have a proper diagnosis - treatment obviously depends on this being correct and so I agree with him. Have it looked at, diagnosed and then you can take it from there.

Good luck
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.