Ask an expert

01 May 2003

Quadricep injury
Good Day

Have a problem with a quardicep injury. Can't get rid of it. Playing action cricket pulled and it was sore like a normal muscle pull for a couple of days. Played the next week, and on the first sprint felt a burning sensation, afterwards had a numb leg and the next day it was painful just walking. The pain is gone but I still have a lumb bigger than my fist where my quad's suppose to be. Used Voltaren + Valium and transact nothing works.

Have rested for 2 weeks. What else can I do to heal the problem?

AKA Pixie
Answer 336 views

01 Jan 0001

HI Pixie

The only way to treat an injury - is to know what the injury is in the first place (could be a serious muscle tear)- and the best way to find that out - is to go to a Sports Physician and have the problem diagnosed. If in Cape Town, you could call the Sports Medicine practitioners at SSISA (ph :021 659 5644). PLease see someone before you damage it further.

Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20280 votes