Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
28 Apr 2004
Am I pregnant
I got married a month ago. I had my period a week before I got married and then again a week after the marraige. I am not on any contraception and then for the last two weeks my nipples have become very tender & sore. Have to sleep on my back because in any other position they hurt. I have also been emotional, teary, miserable, my husband doesn't know what's hit him most of the time. I have had strange cramps in my ovaries and then last evening my tummy starting itching in the area between the belly button and bottom of tummy. I was like a bear with an itchy back. I am tired most of the time. I want to do a pregnancy test but have decided to wait and see if the next period comes by Sunday because that's when the next cycle should start. Am I pregnant???
Even if you are pregnant, it would be too early for symptoms. Wait and see whether your period comes when expected.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Core strength: Why is it important and how do you maintain it?
- Trying to cut down on your meat intake? Experts suggest you should just look at it
- OPINION | Pilgrimage in a pandemic: Lessons from Mecca on containing Covid-19
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Some Covid-19 'long-haulers' showing signs of fatigue, mood disorders three months after infection
- 'It was hell' - daughter of KwaSizabantu preacher speaks out about abusive childhood
- ANALYSIS | Cyril Ramaphosa's fight against corruption can't be taken seriously while budgets are cut
- Massive police deployment in Western Cape crime hotspots could be costing SA millions
- Karyn Maughan | Zondo Commission cash crunch puts brakes on state capture prosecutions
- EXPLAINER | Why SAA receivership doesn't need to be solvent
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9472 votes
68% - 20294 votes