Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
04 Oct 2011
Am I pregnant?
I''ve been off the pill since just April this year and got married in May. My period remained pretty regular normally starting on the 21st or 23rd of each month since then. This time I was 11 days late so I began to wonder whether I was pregnant or not. On Sunday 2nd October I started bleeding - very heavily (I have never had a period this heavy) and a friend said that if it stops after 2 days that I might definitely be pregnant as this is sometimes normal?? I don''t want to get my hopes up but this morning (2 days later) the bleeding seems to have stopped and now I am really wondering if what my friend said is true. IS this " normal" sign of pregnancy???? I want to go and get a home test but I don''t want to be disappointed!
It sounds like you could have had an early miscarriage. I would suggest that you see your doctor.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Researchers looked at link between sunlight and Covid-19 deaths - what they found
- Life Esidimeni update: Five years later, key officials implicated yet to face disciplinary action
- Covid-19: The latest science and developments on vaccines
- Covid-19: New study to probe whether vaccinated people can still spread the virus
- Is it the vaccine technology, used by AstraZeneca and J&J, causing blood clots? No evidence yet
- Wandile Sihlobo | Africa is not a good maize export market right now - here's why
- The novelty of Covid-19: Will it force insurers to hike prices or treat survivors differently?
- EXPLAINER | Chief Justice, SARS and NPA: A timeline of unsolved burglaries
- German court still assessing Markus Jooste's likelihood of conviction before main trial starts
- R250m available for Covid-19 vaccine 'no-fault compensation' fund - Mkhize
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9435 votes
68% - 19997 votes