Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
23 Apr 2004
Amniotic Fluid - can you have too much or too little?
I've been for my monthly check-up at the gynae and he advised that I'm feeling less movement these days due to a lot of amniotic fluid (which "absorbs" the movement, causing me to feel less movement). He didn't say I have "too much" fluid, just that I have a lot...I don't really worry about it as I could see the baby move on the scan, kicking and waving arms, etc. Just wanted to know if it could be the reason for experiencing less movement.
Yes, it could.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- Could the Covid-19 vaccines affect your period? We don’t know yet — but there’s no cause for concern
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- Sifiso Skenjana | If government wants our trust, getting the budget right is a good start
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20213 votes