Ask an expert

14 Sep 2006

Artificial Insermination
My husband & I decided not to have sexual intercourse but now we want to have a baby through Insermination. Which is the right doc to see? Is it painful?
Answer 677 views

01 Jan 0001

You will need to give more details as to why you do not have sex. Insemination would certainly require that your husband is able to produce a sperm sample and the insemination procedure is similar to a pap smear but takes longer. You would need to see a fertility expert for this.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20213 votes