Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
14 Sep 2006
My husband & I decided not to have sexual intercourse but now we want to have a baby through Insermination. Which is the right doc to see? Is it painful?
You will need to give more details as to why you do not have sex. Insemination would certainly require that your husband is able to produce a sperm sample and the insemination procedure is similar to a pap smear but takes longer. You would need to see a fertility expert for this.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
- SA's 'global influence' shown in US Covid-19 vaccine IP waiver, Ramaphosa says
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20213 votes