Ask an expert

29 Jan 2006

At what age should you start seeing the gynae
I am a 27 year old female, am not now, nor have I ever been sexually active.

When I was in my teens, I was put under general anaesthetic and diagnosed with endometriosis.

I have never been to a gynaecologist and most of the websites advise that you do so once you've become sexually active. That isn't going to happen in the next 3 or 4 years and i was wondering - if you're a virgin, do you still need to see the gynae, and if so...when?
Answer 396 views

01 Jan 0001

If you have never been sexually active, you should see still see a gynaecologist of you have a gynae problem such as endoemtriosis.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9378 votes
67% - 19421 votes