Ask an expert

02 Apr 2004

Birth control
I used to have a doctor but i didnt like the way he treated me as he didnt listen to me and everytime i went to see him he didnt listen to anything i said . Anyway hes the only doctor in our area that does family planning and on tuesday i went to get my b/c injection, he didnt speak to me he didnt smile at me and when he injected me he did it with so much force i almost fell over. this injection normally just burns alittle bit but he REALLY hurt me, he didnt even clean the area with an alcohol swab b4 or after he did it. anyway he just ok u can go! he didnt even tell me when my next injection was due and when i asked him he just snapped that i knew i had to have it every 8 weeks so i could work it out myself.

on the way to my car i could feel the blood from where he had "stabbed" me running down my leg!! when i got home the back of my underwear was full of blood , when i saw it i almost fainted.

My question : what r the chances of this becming infected and what can i do about this doctor treating me like this because i dont go to him for medical help nemore?
Answer 384 views

01 Jan 0001

You could complain to the medical council. I would suggest that you keep the area clean by simple washing. The chances of infection are quite low, but keep an eye on it.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.