Ask an expert

19 Sep 2007

Blood group O negative
Hi, I am a bllod group O negative, after giving birth to my twins i got an injection i forgot its name, i would like to know the name of that injection that the O negative people are getting after birth and what is its purpose.
Answer 356 views

01 Jan 0001

It is called Rhogam or anti-D. It is to prevent antibody formation which could be a problem in your next pregnancy.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19315 votes