Ask an expert

20 Sep 2006

chronic endometritis
Hi Doc,
Im 33, Ive being having alot of pelvic pain for the last few years, Ive been to my gynae many times and after scans and more scans he could not find the reason for my pain. Ive recently changed gynae's and my new gynae tok me to theatre and did a DNC and sent some lining of the uterus to the lab for testing, the result says chronic endometritis. Can u please explain this to me and what are the causes? Does this condition cause acne as well? or a bloated looking tummy? Ive read the result myself but I have to wait another two weeks before I see my dr. I also have pain during intercourse and otherwise just before my period comes on I have severe pelvic pain going down to my thigh is this the cause of the pain. He also did a lapscope which excluded excluded endometritis.
Answer 894 views

01 Jan 0001

Chronic endometritis means that you have had infections in the past which have caused damage to your uterus and pelvic organs. Treatment options are a long course of antibiotics, pain management or a hysterectomy.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.