Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
11 Aug 2007
CONFUSED MISCARRIAGE NO PAIN, SPEC BLOOD
FIRST PREGNANCY & AT 7 WEEKS I EXPERIENCED A LITTLE SPEC/SPLATTER OF BLOOD ON LOO ROLL. FOLLOWED WITH A LITTLE LIGHT BROWN DISCHARGE WHICH LASTED 2 DAYS. THE SPEC OF BLOOD WAS A ONCE OFF. I HAD NO PAIN WHATSOEVER OR HEAVY BLEEDING. CONSULTED WITH MY DR WHO DID THE HORMONE LEVEL TESTING, THE FIRST TEST SHOWED +61000.0 AND THE FOLLOW UP TEST A DAY LATER SHOWED +18000.0 WHICH CONCLUDED THAT I HAD MISCARRIED. HE MENTIONED A BLIGHTED OVUM POSSIBILITY. COULD THE TEST BE WRONG? I WAS ADVISED AGAINST A D&C. I HAVE MY FIRST GYNIE/OBST. APPOINTMENT SET FOR 28TH AUGUST AS THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN 10 WEEKS, SHOULD I CANCEL OR CONFIRM THIS IS THE CASE? WHEN CAN I EXPECT NEXT MENSTR. PERIOD? BOOBS ALSO STILL VERY SENSITIVE.
Your HCG levels have dropped, suggesting that the pregnancy is not ongoing. The commonest cause for this is a blighted ovum, where the pregnancy does not develop. I am not sure why your gyne appointment is so late. I would suggest that you have another HCG test and try to get an earlier appointment.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Another coronavirus variant detected in SA, but no reason to panic, says KRISP director
- Do children and teens need to be vaccinated to get the Covid-19 pandemic under control?
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Scientists find over 100 harmful substances in plastic children’s toys
- Some employees hate team bonding activities, so they should be made entirely voluntary, say researchers
- Prof Shabir Madhi 'mortified' at decision on AstraZeneca vaccine, says it might expire
- Splitting up the pot: Steinhoff offers 5.5% payout to market purchase claimants to settle
- Glencore 'used relationship' with Ramaphosa to 'extort' Eskom, former CEO Brian Molefe claims
- Meet SA's youngest doctor, Thakgalo Thibela, 21
- Karyn Maughan | 'Our hands are tied' - JSC after calls for Hlophe's suspension over Bongo acquittal
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9369 votes
67% - 19367 votes