Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
20 Apr 2004
Could I be pregnant
Hi , I had my last period on the 18th of March , I normally bleed a full 7 days . On the 4th of April , I starting spotting but it lasted for 3 days , the colour was brown . The spotting then started again 2 days later and only laste for 2 days . Under normal circumstances , I should have had my next period the 15th of April already . I had sexual intercourse during my fertile period which I know was from the 27th of March to 1st of April . I haven't done a pregnancy test yet 'cause I'm scared that I will be dissapointed . I went off the injection last year May already . Please tell me if there's a possibilty that I could be pregnant . I would also like to know why I spotted the way I did and if this is the reason why my period is late . I'm really anxious 'cause I lost a baby 2 years ago and I'm really wanting to fall pregnant again .
Your period is 7 days overdue. Check a pregnancy test rather than speculating.The spotting could be an implantation bleed.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- Cloth masks can be as effective as surgical masks against Covid-19, new study reports
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- Moderna’s experimental booster shot protects against variants first discovered in SA and Brazil
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
- SA's 'global influence' shown in US Covid-19 vaccine IP waiver, Ramaphosa says
- 'There's no turning back': Magashule defiance raises talks of his possible expulsion
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9465 votes
68% - 20208 votes