Ask an expert

16 Jan 2006

CT Scan
Hi Doc

Can a CT scan show better results than the ultrasound & Sonar?

I have been suffering from a pelvic pain for a year now, the pain is only experienced during sex, its on my right side. Its so excrutiating that i have to stop during sex & it will usually go away after 2 full weeks. The pain is not on the entrance but only on my right side, after that time i will also feel some swelling inside. And i struggle to walk properly.

My Gynae has tried everything but cannot find anything wrong, i also went for a laporoscopy there was nothing, but i think its because that time the pain was long gone & i wasn't haing sex for atleast a month before the laporoscopy.

The Gynae says maybe is not a gynaecological problem, but i disagree because the pain only comes during sex, sometimes when i'm ovulating.

So i am thinking of going for a CT scan at some clinic called Scan for Life. Can u also tell me were i can get info on tube infections.
Answer 417 views

01 Jan 0001

If a scan and laparoscopy showed nothing, I agree that it is unlikely to be a gynae problem. Remember that other organs can also be pressed on at the time of sex. If you do a Google search, you should get information on tubal infections. I am not sure that a CT scan would be helpful. The next step might be to see a surgeon/gastroenterologist.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.