Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
10 Aug 2007
i was on depo-provero for almost seven years Ive tried to stop it on previouse occassions but every time I experience the same symptoms, i experience attacks of distoered vision that last up to 20 min and there after i feel nausea feeling, this happens up to four times a week. The moment a go back on to depo provero the symptoms stop. I am 44 years old and have two adult children. I do not need to be on any contraseptions and believe that if I can go off the depo- provero I will loose weight much quicker I battle to loose the extra kilos. I am 1.74 tall and 85kg.
You may have some side effects as your body adjusts to stopping the Depo, but these should not persist more than a few weeks. You will just have to sit it out for a while.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Could following a vegan diet lead to poor bone health? Here’s what a study found
- Traditional healers in South Africa are exposed to infection, but few can get protective gear
- Scientists find link between lower daily temperatures and higher rate of transmission of Covid-19
- Covid then vs Covid now: The emergence of variants and how the virus has evolved
- Covid-19 damages the heart by killing its muscle cells, study finds
- Christo Wiese: Don't blame SA prosecutors for slow pace of 'extremely complicated' Steinhoff probe
- INTERVIEW | Branches or not, we are SA's largest digital bank and we are not done - Capitec CEO
- Former Steinhoff CEO Markus Jooste has been charged in Germany. Now what?
- Gauteng DA says it's not defying national leaders by voting to oust Gauteng Premier David Makhura
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Former intelligence head Barry Gilder: 'There is a need for young voices in SA'
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19424 votes