Ask an expert

19 Mar 2003

Help Doc...
Just over a year ago i went for my yearly check up, and my gyni told me i had some sort of infection and gave me medication. (but i was feeling great) After the medication i started getting horrible infections, so i went back to her and she said i had a fungal infection. So she gave me more medication, but since my first visit there...all i have is one infection after another. Actually i just think it has never left me since! And going back to her, just isnt helping, also considering she always has a month and a half waiting time just to see her!!! I used to love sex, but for the last year now i avoid it like the plague! I find it horribly painful and uncomfortable!
Currenlty the "node" is sore to the touch, and "place of entry" feels like there its cut if touched, but there are no cuts.. ive had no sex.. and im driving myself insane!!!
What can i try to make this all go away! Ive heard of Betadine.. can this help???

And what is the cause of all of this.. i was just fine till i went for that check up, and its been hell ever since! And no matter what medication the gyni prescribes.. it just WILL NOT go away!!

Answer 374 views

01 Jan 0001

You need to know what kind of infection this is, as different infections have different treatments. The easiest way to find this out is to have a swab taken and sent to the lab. Once you kn ow, you can have the appropriate treatment. Also ensure that your partner is treated or you will reinfect each other.

best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.