Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
02 Oct 2006
Diagnosis - LUNA
My daughter of 18 is going for a endometriose procedure and the gynaecol. advised that she has a Luna done. This is cutting off something which was placed there for a reason - could this have any negative effect on her life as woman eg. pregnancy, having the baby naturally and also will this not effect her sex life in any way? she is too young to make such a major decision and I don't have enough knowledge to make one for her. Please help.
The complication rate from this procedure is low and there should not be any effect on pregnancy,deliervy or sex life. I would suggest that you do an internet search beforehand to get as much information as you can.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Long Covid: How rehabilitation programmes may be needed to get patients back on track
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | We'd be a lot better off if social issues were as important as profit
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20283 votes