Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
15 Aug 2006
Does Myprodol cause birth defects?
I have recently found out that I am 3 months pregnant. I am worried because before I knew I was pregnant I had severe toothache & was taking Myprodol capsules. From my calculations I was in the early stages of pregnancy then. Would this have an effect on my baby? I have been for two scans & the gynae says everything looks alright but I just need to know for sure. Please can you help me, I am really worried. Thank you!
It is more of a problem if taken after 30 weeks. You should be okay.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- BREAKING NEWS LIVE | ANC in Gauteng confirms that Parks Tau has been deployed to Parliament
- New Joburg city management moves to stop corruption investigations - but then backtracks
- You and your MMCs must resign, ActionSA tells Ekurhuleni Mayor Tania Campbell
- 'Historic victory': Court orders ANC to give DA its cadre deployment records
- Zuma's private prosecution of Maughan, Downer postponed in less than a minute
- De Ruyter stands firm on transition strategy as coal producers take aim
- DA condemns Jeffery's remark in Hate Crimes Bill process that Afrikaners likely to perpetrate hate crimes
- Mamphela Ramphele | The ANC can't provide the needed leadership to turn around the country
- No Proteas losers in series triumph over England, but Shamsi on dangerous ground
- Load shedding crisis: Cabinet still in dark on legal grounds for national state of disaster
What are your thoughts on the possibility of having permanent Stage 2 or 3 load shedding?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
I'll take that over constant schedule changes
13% - 1299 votes
Why are we normalising Eskom’s mess?
72% - 7271 votes
I've already found alternative ways of powering my home/business
15% - 1511 votes
Rand - Dollar
Rand - Pound
Rand - Euro
Rand - Aus dollar
Rand - Yen
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
JMPD officer helps woman give birth on side of the road on first day in...
Teachers adopt little boy who's had multiple amputations: 'It's been the most...
Public park in Brackenfell transformed into community vegetable garden
Good News: Shining a light on the bold, brave, glass-half-full people keeping SA...
23 Sep 2022
Editorial feedback and complaints
Contact the public editor with feedback for our journalists, complaints, queries or suggestions about articles on News24.LEARN MORE
WATCH | What unnecessary expense is holding you back from going on that dream...
WATCH | Ahead of the Curve: Banking and e-Commerce in a digital world
SA’s favourite hotspots level up into ‘awesome spaces’ with free wifi and chilling...
Enjoy the High Rise Chilla - the cocktail of the summer - at a new ‘Access...