Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
14 Nov 2005
Had Hysterscopy and D and C 7 months ago for the removal of emdometrial polyps. Now polyps have returned, and gynae wants to repeat procedure. What are chances of further recurrence and also of them being cancerous. Would hysterectomy not be better. I am 50.
At the age of 50, cancer is always a possibility. Polyps can recur but the recurrence rate is not high. A hysteroscopy is a much smaller procedure than a hysterectomy and may sort out the problem completely.
- BREAKING NEWS LIVE | Escapee wanted for attempted cop killing shot dead during police shootout
- New Joburg city management moves to stop corruption investigations - but then backtracks
- You and your MMCs must resign, ActionSA tells Ekurhuleni Mayor Tania Campbell
- 'Historic victory': Court orders ANC to give DA its cadre deployment records
- Zuma's private prosecution of Maughan, Downer postponed in less than a minute
- De Ruyter stands firm on transition strategy as coal producers take aim
- Mamphela Ramphele | The ANC can't provide the needed leadership to turn around the country
- No Proteas losers in series triumph over England, but Shamsi on dangerous ground
- Load shedding crisis: Cabinet still in dark on legal grounds for national state of disaster
What are your thoughts on the possibility of having permanent Stage 2 or 3 load shedding?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
I'll take that over constant schedule changes
13% - 1302 votes
Why are we normalising Eskom’s mess?
72% - 7291 votes
I've already found alternative ways of powering my home/business
15% - 1513 votes
Rand - Dollar
Rand - Pound
Rand - Euro
Rand - Aus dollar
Rand - Yen
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
JMPD officer helps woman give birth on side of the road on first day in...
Teachers adopt little boy who's had multiple amputations: 'It's been the most...
Public park in Brackenfell transformed into community vegetable garden
Good News: Shining a light on the bold, brave, glass-half-full people keeping SA...
23 Sep 2022
Editorial feedback and complaints
WATCH | What unnecessary expense is holding you back from going on that dream...
WATCH | Ahead of the Curve: Banking and e-Commerce in a digital world
SA’s favourite hotspots level up into ‘awesome spaces’ with free wifi and chilling...
Enjoy the High Rise Chilla - the cocktail of the summer - at a new ‘Access...