Ask an expert

08 Apr 2003

Getting married, & I don't know my own body
HELP!!!! I'm getting married in a year, and I'm really stressing about it. My fiance wants me to go to a gynaecologist for a check up (I'm 24 and I've never been to one). I have endometriosis (which was diagnosed in my teens when my mom deceived me into being put under general anaesthetic by telling me it was for something else). How do I get over my phobia with my own body and how do I know where to find a gynaecologist who is sensitive and with whom I won't feel too uncomfortable?
Answer 370 views

01 Jan 0001

It is usually a good idea to get a recommendation from your GP or from a friend. It would be important to follow up on the endometriosis. Most gynaecologists will put you at ease if they know that you are nervous and have never been before.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.