Ask an expert

12 Sep 2006

growth inside vagina- can be thrush?
Hi, since months already my vagina is painful during intercourse. I was treated by my GP who also acts as a gynae for thrush. The internal pain has however not ceased but become so extreme that I can not have sexual intercourse anymore. My boyfriend and I can also feel a growth or something inside of me that is most definately not suppossed to be there. I went to my GP yesterday and she simply wants to treat me for thrush again. I am scared that again only the external symptoms i.e the redness and the dischage will disappear but what about the internal pain during intercourse? What else could i be caused by? And what can the growth be? Can i get my boyfriend the same Canesten cream as I am using? Would really appreciate an answer, i'm quite worried.
Answer 482 views

01 Jan 0001

Thrush would not cause a growth. You need to have a proper examintion and have this checked. It might be what is causing the internal pain, as well as the thrush. Your boyfriend can use Caneesten cream for thrush.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20213 votes