Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
12 Sep 2006
growth inside vagina- can be thrush?
Hi, since months already my vagina is painful during intercourse. I was treated by my GP who also acts as a gynae for thrush. The internal pain has however not ceased but become so extreme that I can not have sexual intercourse anymore. My boyfriend and I can also feel a growth or something inside of me that is most definately not suppossed to be there. I went to my GP yesterday and she simply wants to treat me for thrush again. I am scared that again only the external symptoms i.e the redness and the dischage will disappear but what about the internal pain during intercourse? What else could i be caused by? And what can the growth be? Can i get my boyfriend the same Canesten cream as I am using? Would really appreciate an answer, i'm quite worried.
Thrush would not cause a growth. You need to have a proper examintion and have this checked. It might be what is causing the internal pain, as well as the thrush. Your boyfriend can use Caneesten cream for thrush.
- Why South Africa stopped making vaccines
- How rare is very rare? Your questions about blood clots – answered
- High doses of vitamin D have no effect on severe Covid infection - study
- ‘We have to be alert, not alarmed’ says KRISP director about B.1.617 variant identified in India
- Could the Covid-19 vaccines affect your period? We don’t know yet — but there’s no cause for concern
- THE ESKOM FILES | La bella vita: The lavish house Eskom exec Hlakudi built with 'bribes'
- 'SA's variant has more mutations' - Prof Karim not overly concerned about India variant
- Sifiso Skenjana | If government wants our trust, getting the budget right is a good start
- 'Nothing concrete so far, let's stop' - Zondo to former Free State DG during testimony
- Karyn Maughan | Chief Justice Mogoeng's exit: How will the judiciary be impacted?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9467 votes
68% - 20213 votes