Ask an expert

16 Aug 2007

Illnesses during pregnancy Pre-eclampsia
Hi there,

I have been trying to find out more about pre-eclampsia, I had it with my previous child and the docter did not pick it up untill it was to late and I had a still born and I almost died aswell, now I am pregnant again, and I know that the chance of me having it again is big. I am already 23 weeks pregnant and wants to see a gynecologist that can help me, that have knowledge about this and I dont know where to look for gynecologist that can. My gynecologist dont seem to be an expert on this either and I don't want to go thru this again and stand the risk of having another stillborn. I read up about Pre eclampsia but there is no info of finding a ginogologist that can go thru it with you, and know how to treat this.
Answer 484 views

01 Jan 0001

Most gynaecologists in private practice do not specialise in this. Your best bet would be to see someone at a teaching hospital.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9379 votes
67% - 19431 votes