Ask an expert

14 May 2004

I want to have the loop put in but need reassurance. I'm 28 yrs old, haven't had kids yet but don't want to stay on the pill anymore cause it's taken away my sex drive completely. Is the loop the only other solution for me?? Has any lady here without kids had the loop put in??? Can Gynaedoc please help...need some answer from anybody please. Thanx
Answer 444 views

01 Jan 0001

You can have the IUCD inserted if you haven't had children, provided that you are in a monogamous relationship. If not, it can predispose to infections and infertility.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.