Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
08 Apr 2003
Lack of Lubrication before Intercourse
Please help!!!! Before me and my partner enter intercourse, we experience the passionate moments, kissing/feeling ect. I seem to get so horny but yet not wet!!!! It feels quite embaressing as we are both in this heated moment and then it looks like i'm not turned on. Is there any medication I can take to increase the lubrication? People have suggested some kind as jelly before intercourse, but I don't want my partner to know about this "problem" and think i'm not interested. I also don't want him to think we need assistance for me to get "wet"
Some women need more stimulation than others to become aroused and it may be that you need longer foreplay. You could explain this to your partner without suggesting that there is anything wrong with you or him. You can also use KY jelly as a lubricant. Good sex involves good communication and everyone has different needs, so there is nothing "wrong" , you just need to express what will make it a more fulfilling expereience for you.
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Covid-19: Do I still need to wear a mask when vaccinated, and other questions
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Obesity linked to increased in-hospital mortality in Covid-19 patients, especially men
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Covid-19: Move to a stricter lockdown level, experts warn as third wave looms
- Witnesses out to get me, Lucky Montana tells Zondo about his properties
- Humble rooibos is now a superfood, and SA could be cashing in
- Ofentse Mokwena | Recommendations to fix the transport industry are too little, too late
- Who is Prince Misuzulu?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9470 votes
68% - 20264 votes