Ask an expert

16 Feb 2010

menstrual pain
I have seen your website and got interested as I am also have similar problems of period pains but I am not sure of where do I fall primary or secondary ,the following is my health problem.

From the 2005 October 27 I gave birth to a baby girl well she seem to be healthy cause I have never encounter any sick problems with her she is 4yrs turning 5,since that day I have experience abdominal pain which are so painfully and consistent. I have consulted with several gynecologist regarding my problem but cant seem they can help, they have done laparoscopy for my abdomen and found a cyst full of blood that shows its old blood that has been there for quiet long this was on 2006 July. The doctor cut sunctioned the cyst. but the pain remained there. After I discoverer that he can no longer help me I went for other gynecologist they gave me deferent treatments and antibiotics but could not solve the problem.

Since then I suffer with severe menstrual periods which I cant focus or do anything when I have them, I become dizzy,headaches,backpainand body swollen, I take genpain for inflamation,pain stop and hypo spasm and become little bit better
I once visited a urology since I was confused of not knowing what is my health problem exactly but he could not find any problem only a slightly infection like the other doctors and put me in antibiotics. this is funny what kind of infection do I have cause every time I consult they tell me about this slightly infection that could no harm and place me on antibiotics. well after some of their treatment I become better for a week at the most and from there the pain will come back severe or after I had sex with or with out condom. these pains feels like I have inflammation or spasm on my abdomen sometime feels like I have sores but doctors can not see that .

Lately I visited a gynecology he took me for the sonar scan that scan the organs and find out that I have small cyst in both ovaries and further said they are minor cyst. and that there is fecal in my colon so they gave me something to clean while admitted to hospital but no change discovered they also did an x-ray which showed clear results . I went for a CT scan for colonoscopy and hest as I have other pain in my left under my breast and it showed clear results. This sickness has left me empty with no hope as I do not know which doctor I should consult next. My gynecologist has mentioned that my uterus is bigger than the normal size but cant suggest anything.

Is there any help or which kind of doctor should I consult as I already visited the physician but still no diagnose

Answer 408 views

01 Jan 0001

From your story, it sounds like endometriosis is a possibility. The blood filled cyst and the painful periods suggest this. This will only be diagnosed with laparoscopy. I would suggest that you discuss this with your gynaecologist. If this is excluded, spastic colon is a possibility and a gastroenterologist would manage this.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.