Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
02 Oct 2008
MIRENA AND BLOATING
HI Doc, I see you responded to my previous message regarding the bloating/water retension I am currently experiencing. You wrote it normally takes 3-6 months for my body to adjust. I was just wondering if there is anything out there (medication) to take to get rid of this excess water now resulting in weight gain every week? I am feeling so uncomfortable and becoming depressed about this whole thing. Please help
You could take a diuretic but a doctor would have to prescribe this.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Is your stuffy nose 'stuffing up' your brain?
- OPINION | Ivermectin: Why a potential Covid-19 treatment isn’t recommended for use
- Scientists warn against videos alleged to be showing adverse Covid-19 vaccine side effects
- Energy drink habit puts man in hospital with heart failure
- Frequently interrupted sleep increases the risk of death, especially in women
- ANALYSIS | The ANC's tactics to control Parliament laid bare at Zondo commission
- Carbon emissions to surge to second-largest increase in history as economies ramp up
- Zondo commission: Zuma relied on alleged lack of security clearance to institute inquiry against Nxasana
- ANALYSIS | Daniel Mminele's sudden departure is about more than Absa losing its first black CEO
- Karyn Maughan | Zuma lawyers quit: Will the 'broke' former president’s trial ever get started?
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9439 votes
68% - 20032 votes