Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
06 May 2004
NORDETTE CAN IT MAKE YOU PUT ON WEIGHT OR NOT
I have being experiencing that when I am on Nordette or fermadene pill. I do not have a monthly period, but when I was on Trephasil I used to have a monthly period, but used to experience blottedness and putting on weight. I then swopped to Nordette and the first couple of months I did not experience my monthly's but know I am experience the weight gain. When I spoke to my Gynea about missing the period he mentioned that some woman donot have them because of the low dosage in the pills and that there is nothing to worry about missing my periods. I am feeling very uncomfortable with the weight gain and have tried to loss but cutting down on my food intake and drinking alot of water but nothing seems to be helping. I do regular excise - Aerobics 3 times a week just nothing is helping. I did have diebetes during preganancy. Please advise.
I would suggest that you ask your doctor to screen you for diabetes. It sounds like you could have PCOS and may need other treatment in addition to the Pill.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: A potentially deadly ‘black fungus’ infection seen in patients in India
- Your guide to side-effects: What you can expect after a Covid-19 jab
- Mounting evidence suggests Covid-19 vaccines do reduce transmission. How does this work?
- Fighting the flu season: Two experts answer key questions about the flu shot
- Long Covid: How rehabilitation programmes may be needed to get patients back on track
- THE ESKOM FILES | WaBenzi and a house on Jamaican Music Street: Eskom exec's charmed life
- Magashule attempt to suspend Ramaphosa: 'People from other countries were calling' - Duarte
- Atul Gupta says Home Affairs records show no legal reasons for passport denial
- Nolwandle Mthombeni | We'd be a lot better off if social issues were as important as profit
- Talks with investors will reduce Rebosis' debt levels significantly - Sisa Ngebulana
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9471 votes
68% - 20280 votes