Ask an expert

13 Aug 2007

Hi there

I thought I had a yeast infection, but I don't have a discharge, just burning and irritation. I went to the Gynea and he took a swab. He said he couldn't see any evident signs of infection. It doesn't hurt to have intercourse and the symptoms don't get worse - if anything feels better, but then resorts to the burning.

Is it safe to have intercourse? Will I pass anything on to my partner?

Thank you
Answer 289 views

01 Jan 0001

I'd suggest that you wait for the swab result.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9362 votes
67% - 19306 votes