Ask an expert

22 Feb 2010

Pain during intercourse
I have been experiencing discomfort and pain during intercourse since November last year. Could it be from IBS? My husband says I''m also very dry. Do I need to go and see a Doctor? I did go for a laparascopy in January this year because I thought I had endemetriosis, but the gynae said I don''t and then I said I have all the symptons and he said it could be from IBS then. I don''t feel that a male gynae understands how I feel.
Answer 401 views

01 Jan 0001

If the pain is on penetration, it may be due to vaginal dryness and KY jelly would help. If it is deep inside, it may be something else, though IBS does not usually cause painful sex.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.