Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Oral health expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
08 Apr 2003
About 2 years after my sterilisation, i started experiencing bleeding, about a week aftr my periods. This carried on for about another 2 years. The doctor put me on the pill for 3 months, saying it was a normal/abnormal thing??? This helped for a few months, then it started all over again. I don't have medical aid and can therefore not afford to go to a doctor. Besides the period, i also experience swelling, painful ovaries,sometimes it feels as if my insides are going to fall out. At times i experience piercing pain in my pelvic region. Intercourse is also sometimes painful. I have to move to make myself comfortable (it is as though something is in the way) I would realy like to know what the problem could be.
You would need an exdamination to see what the problem is. You may have fibroids in the uterus or an infection or some other problem. If you do not have a medical aid, you should go to one of the state hospitals to find out what the problem is.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Struggling to convince someone who's vaccine-hesitant to get Covid-19 jab? Try this approach
- Type 2 diabetes: Sitting can cause problems with blood sugar levels, so get up and move
- PODCAST | HIV unmuted: Aids and the elusive vaccine
- Finding an HIV vaccine: Five lessons from the search for a Covid-19 jab
- How quickly do we become unfit?
- Phase 2 of SA's ambitious Covid-19 vaccination drive gets under way countrywide
- If Zuma is ready to go on trial, why is he bringing another doomed case against the NPA?
- State capture: Geoff Makhubo denies his influence was bought
- OPINION | Berry lekker: How urban foraging is one way to help feed SA's hungry
- Ralph Mathekga | Magashule ties ANC's hands
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9476 votes
68% - 20349 votes