Ask an expert

02 Nov 2008

pap smear
I read somewhere that once you are sexually active you should start seeing a gynae.

I' m 20yrs old this year and I was wondering what to expect at my visit to the gynae. My parents are very old fashioned and dont know that I" m sexually active so how do I convince them to take me to see a doctor without telling them?

Answer 403 views

01 Jan 0001

I don't know what you do about your parents but, in the absence of symptoms, they would want to know why you are going. The alternative is to go by yourself and pay yourself.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
32% - 9433 votes
68% - 19965 votes